Labor Management Federal Credit Union was chartered December 18, 1974.
There were 10 founding members that started our credit union and they are:
- Allen E Kennedy of Hawesville, KY
- Linda Minnis of Owensboro, KY
- Judy H Turner of Lewisport, KY
- William J DeLacey of Owensboro, KY
- James E Girten of Owensboro, KY
- David B Higdon of Owensboro, KY
- Richard E Sumner of Evanston, IN
- John D Austin of Owensboro, KY
- James E Hardison of Owensboro, KY
- Robert Dalton of Reynolds Station, KY
Each of these founding members began our charter with the required membership deposit of $5.00. Initially, our membership was limited to only employees of Martin-Marietta Corporation (Now Aleris International Rolled Products); employees of the Local 7325 of the United Steel Workers of America; un-remarried spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of the credit union; employees of this credit union; persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above employment; members of their immediate families; and organizations of such persons.
On June 12, 1988 we moved into our present location and new building here at 679 St Rt 1957 (Commonwealth Road) in Lewisport, KY, where we proudly continue to serve our members financial needs. Today, we have grown to almost 26 Million in assets and are a member owned and operated credit union with a primary purpose of helping our members prosper financially. We are a Community Credit Union open to everyone who lives, works or worships in Hancock County or is related to someone who does.
Our charter number with the National Credit Union Administration is 21853.